Des Moines & Central Iowa:
Cedar Rapids & Iowa City:
Schedule Online »
By adhering to the highest standards of business and customer service, Springer Professional Home Services has become a QualityPro pest control designee.Learn More »
Save money and improve your home's energy efficiency with proper insulation.
Springer sells and installs professional quality Thermal Acoustic Pest control insulation, known as TAP, a treated, cellulose product that offers three levels of protection for the price of ordinary insulation.
- Energy Efficiency
The most important benefit of Springer's TAP insulation is raising the R-value (thermal resistance) of your attic and typically reducing home energy bills by as much as 40%.
TAP insulation improves the way sound travels through your home, suppressing echoes and creating a richer, more pleasant acoustic environment.
To help stop insects from entering and infesting your attic, TAP insulation acts as an insect repellent due to treatment with a environmentally safe mixture of borite.
The Ins and Outs of Insulation
- Most homes built before the 1970s lack adequate insulation, which means expensive heat rises unimpeded through your ceiling and roof. With the proper amount of insulation, the heat in your home stays trapped inside, keeping you warm. In the summer it works in reverse, keeping the sun's heat from penetrating your home.
- Most homeowners see as much as 40% in energy savings after adding the proper amount of insulation, which not only pays for the insulation in a few years but continues saving money for decades to come.
- Your insulation can pay for itself even faster through government tax credits or rebates that your utility company is likely to offer. In some cases these rebates can equal as much as 70% off. Check with your tax advisor and energy company to see if you qualify.
Why Choose Springer TAP Insulation?
- Springer TAP insulation extends the R-value of your attic, the same as all superior insulation products - but only Springer TAP insulation also controls cockroaches, termites, ants, silverfish, earwigs, crickets, sow bugs, darkling beetles, millipedes, centipedes and booklice.
- TAP insulation is made from all-natural ingredients and recycled newsprint, so while you're controlling pests and saving energy, you're conserving landfill space. It is specially treated to meet the safety standards of the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission for flame resistance.
Free Springer Thermal Inspection
Request a free heat leakage examination to see how heat-porous your home is. Using a thermal imaging camera, your Springer handyman can show you if and where your home may be wasting heat. It's the first step in making your home more energy efficient.